- newAllianceBlock Token Plunges 51% After $5M Exploit of Bonq DAO
New ALBT tokens will be minted and airdropped to the affected wallet addresses.
- 2 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 11:05pm -
- newFacebook Parent Meta’s Metaverse Division Lost $13.7B in 2022
The social media giant reported losing $4.3 billion in the division in the fourth quarter of 2022 on revenues of $727 million.
- 2 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 11:00pm -
- newRocket Pool Community Voting Whether to Self-Limit its Growth
If passed, the vote establishes a guiding set of principles to inform Rocket Pool’s decision-making process in limiting the percentage of staked ether in its ecosystem.
- 2 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 10:54pm -
- newLBRY Token Rally Stalls as Traders Move on From Court Speculation
LBRY blockchain's native token LBC is giving back its gains as traders begin to digest the reality of a court hearing.
- 2 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 10:50pm -
- newCrypto Custody Firm Copper Alerted to Security ‘Incident’ Over Christmas
Copper said some “concerning behavior” had been detected, and that a “machine-generated alert had been triggered.”
- 3 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 10:14pm -
- newCrypto Investors Can Purchase Bankruptcy 'Put Options' to Protect Funds on Binance, Coinbase, Kraken
Investors can purchase the options to protect their funds on Binance, Coinbase and Kraken for a monthly fee and will receive full payment if the centralized exchanges file for bankruptcy locking up their crypto.
- 3 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 10:08pm -
- newCrypto Long & Short: When Regulating Crypto, Please Target the Bad Actors, Not the Asset
Here’s what’s on my mind as Washington gears up to respond to the disasters of 2022.
- 3 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 10:04pm -
- newCool Cats Claws at Mainstream Strategy, Rebrands to Expand Audience Beyond Web3
The popular NFT collection wants to make its brand mainstream through storytelling, entertainment and partnerships surrounding its beloved Blue Cat character.
- 3 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 9:56pm -
- newStargate to Reissue STG Tokens Following Alameda Wallet Hack
The price of STG token rose 14% following news that the token would be reissued in March.
- 3 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 9:29pm -
- newBanking Startup LevelField Aims to Become First FDIC-Insured Institution to Offer Crypto Services
LevelField inched closer to its goal of offering both traditional and crypto banking services following its acquisition of the FDIC-insured Burling Bank.
- 4 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 9:24pm -
- newAI Company Co-Founder Addresses Ethics of Tom Cruise 'Deepfake' Videos
Tom Graham, founder of AI software company Metaphysic, says blockchain technology may potentially help people create digital rights.
- 4 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 9:09pm -
- newBitcoin Blasts Through $23.5K as Powell Speaks Following Fed Rate Hike
The U.S. central bank earlier Wednesday lifted its benchmark interest rate 25 basis points.
- 4 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 9:05pm -
- newCoinbase NFT Pauses New Collection Drops, Denies Shuttering Marketplace
Amid rumors swirling on Twitter, the company confirmed it’s temporarily halting its drops feature to focus on “features and tools” for its NFT marketplace.
- 4 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 8:26pm -
- newDecentralized Social Media Project Nostr's Damus Gets Listed on Apple App Store
Former Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey has donated roughly 14 BTC worth $245,000 to fund Nostr's development, after recently publishing his views on a native internet protocol for social media.
- 5 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 8:23pm -
- newFederal Reserve Lifts Interest Rates Another 25 Basis Points
The bitcoin price was TKTK in the minutes following the announcement.
- 5 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 8:04pm -
- newJudge Dismisses Proposed Class-Action Lawsuit Alleging Coinbase Sold Unregistered Securities
The suit also accused Coinbase of failing to register as a broker dealer.
- 5 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 8:01pm -
- newARK Invest Maintains Prediction Bitcoin Price Will Hit $1M by 2030
A new report by Cathie Wood’s growth-focused fund outlines how bitcoin continues to outperform every other major asset class.
- 6 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 6:42pm -
- newJudge Bans Sam Bankman-Fried From Contacting FTX Employees and Using Signal
- 6 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 6:40pm -
- newDecentralized Exchange Dexalot Starts a Hybrid DeFi Subnet
Dexalot’s users will be able to deposit and withdraw assets via its app on the Avalanche C-chain, and then trade on the Dexalot subnet.
- 7 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 5:42pm -
- newBinance’s BNB Chain to Offer New Decentralized Storage System
BNB Greenfield’s test net will be released over the next few months, according to the project’s white paper, released Wednesday morning.
- 7 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 5:39pm -
- newUS Blacklists Bitcoin, Ether Addresses Tied to Russian Sanctions-Evasion Efforts
The U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), its sanctions watchdog, has blacklisted a bitcoin and an ether address tied to sanctions evasion.
- 7 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 5:35pm -
- newDoodles 2 NFT Mint Opens, Dooplicators Price Soars on OpenSea
The Doodles 2 collection allows users to create custom wearables for their original Doodles avatars on the Flow blockchain.
- 7 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 5:32pm -
- newBitcoin Little Changed on Soft Economic Data Ahead of Fed Meeting
Wednesday morning's ADP jobs and ISM manufacturing reports both came in weaker than expected.
- 7 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 5:31pm -
- newAptos Labs Issues Grant to Blockchain Lab at Cornell University
The newly launched blockchain built by former Diem developers has issued a $50,000 grant to a Cornell University professor of computer science.
- 8 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 5:22pm -
- newCrypto VC Firm Arrington Capital Hires BitMEX Alum as Investment Head
Bhavik Patel previously headed product and derivatives for the crypto exchange.
- 8 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 5:19pm -
- newFirst Mover Americas: Bankrupt With $1.4B Cash
The latest price moves in bitcoin (BTC) and crypto markets in context for Feb. 1, 2023. First Mover is CoinDesk’s daily newsletter that contextualizes the latest actions in the crypto markets.
- 8 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 5:18pm -
- newLuxor Starts First-of-Its-Kind Bitcoin Mining Rig Marketplace for Large-Scale Orders
The market for mining machines is increasingly flooded with inventory from struggling companies.
- 8 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 5:11pm -
- newPKT Pal Expands Its Crypto-Powered Wi-Fi Device Lineup With Launch of 'Mini'
Customers were able to deposit $99 to reserve the $499 device starting yesterday.
- 8 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 5:06pm -
- newDeFi Marketplace Archimedes Raises $4.9M in Seed Round Led by Hack VC
The decentralized finance lending and borrowing platform is launching in February.
- 8 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 5:00pm -
- newUK Crypto Firms to Get Broad Laws, May Need New Authorization
The industry has largely welcomed plans that could cover crypto lending and NFTs, and force foreign companies to register and set up in the country.
- 8 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 4:52pm -
- newOriginal Terra Lending Protocol Mars Hub Deploys Mainnet, Issues Airdrop
Mars Hub, the original lending protocol on the collapsed Terra blockchain, has deployed its mainnet on Cosmos.
- 8 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 4:46pm -
- newBankrupt Crypto Lending Platform Celsius Names Users Eligible to Withdraw Assets
Users named on the list can withdraw 94% of their assets locked on the lending platform provided they can cover the withdrawal fees.
- 8 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 4:44pm -
- newBitcoin and Hang Seng's Stalled Rally Might Mean Wider De-Risking Ahead, TradFi Firm Says
Failures in BTC and Hang Seng are technical warnings signs that these early 2022 halcyon vibes may not last all year, one observer said.
- 8 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 4:42pm -
- newBlockchain Company SIimba Chain Received $30M Funding Increase From US Air Force
The USAF has granted SIMBA Chain a $30 million STRATFI as part of its aims of "identifying and advancing technologies that have the potential to secure its future dominance."
- 8 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 4:38pm -
- newMy Big Coin Founder Gets 8-Year Jail Sentence for Fraud
Randall Crater, 52, was convicted in July of defrauding investors of more than $6 million.
- 9 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 4:25pm -
- newBitcoin Miner Argo Blockchain's CFO Alex Appleton Quits
Alex Appleton, who has served in this role since September 2020, is departing to "pursue other opportunities."
- 9 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 4:18pm -
- newCardano-Based Djed Stablecoin Has Attracted 27M ADA Tokens as Reserve Backing
Djed started on Tuesday and has a collateral backing ratio of 600% at the time of writing.
- 9 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 4:16pm -
- newBitcoin Price Could Reach $45K by Christmas: Matrixport
When bitcoin’s performance is positive in January, the rally tends to continue, the report said.
- 9 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 4:11pm -
- newBitcoin's Blockchain Data Offers Evidence of Continued Investor HODLing During Bear Market
UTXO or unspent transaction output is the amount of bitcoin someone is left with after executing a transaction.
- 9 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 4:07pm -
- newIndia's Crypto Tax Amendment Could Punish Evaders With Jail Time, Attorneys Say
Indian Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has unveiled the 2023 budget for the nation.
- 9 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 3:56pm -
- newBankrupt Crypto Exchange FTX Had Around $1.4B Cash at End of 2022
The figure is around 19% higher than the $1.2 billion reported in November when FTX filed for bankruptcy.
- 9 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 3:43pm -
- newBitcoin Could Be in the Later Stages of the Bear Market, On-Chain Data Suggests
Bitcoin has rallied 40% in the past 30 days, data shows.
- 9 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 3:38pm -
- newVoyager Creditors Reject Alameda’s Attempt to Recover $446M
The Creditors’ rejection follows a veto by Voyager itself.
- 9 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 3:35pm -
- newRipple Sold $226M of XRP in Q4; Sees Strong Growth in On-Demand Liquidity Product
The firm’s on-demand liquidity product has expanded to forty countries.
- 9 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 3:31pm -
- newFirst Mover Asia: Lido DAO Governance Token Down, Staked Ether Stable as Withdrawal Proposal Comes Into Focus; Bitcoin Rises as Fed Rate Decision Nears
While the DAO has yet to formally see the proposal to allow withdrawals from stETH, Galaxy Digital has already been critical, and the Lido governance token has fallen about 15% from its high last week week.
- 9 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 3:29pm -
- newWhy Venture Capitalists Won’t Be Held Accountable for Investing in FTX
As impossible as it is to believe that venture capital funds did proper due diligence on mismanaged and allegedly fraudulent FTX, the inherent risk of early-stage investing makes regulatory change unlikely in the fallout.
- 10 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 3:09pm -
- newWhat Is the Ethereum Blockchain’s Shanghai Hard Fork, and Why Does It Matter?
The hard fork set for March will address staked ether withdrawals and reductions in gas fees for developers. It will open a new chapter for liquid staking in the Ethereum ecosystem.
- 13 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 12:15pm -
- newMarket Maker B2C2 Teams With Blockdaemon, Stakewise to Provide Ethereum Staking Liquidity
B2C2 says it will be the sole over-the-counter spot liquidity provider for the staked ether token sETH-h built on liquid staking platform Portara.
- 16 hours ago 1 Feb 23, 9:00am -
- ImmutableX to Launch All-In-One Passport System to Onboard New Gamers Into Web3
The new tool, scheduled to launch in April 2023, will act as a non-custodial wallet, gamer profile and authentication solution for Web3 gamers.
- 1 day ago 31 Jan 23, 11:00pm -
- Crypto Market January Roundup: Aptos, Metaverse-Affiliated Tokens Lead Broad-Based Rally
Layer 1 blockchain Aptos’ native token has surged over 387% this month, leading all cryptocurrencies for gains and dwarfing bitcoin and ether’s performance. Solana’s SOL token also rises.
- 1 day ago 31 Jan 23, 10:44pm -