- newTerra Backers Delphi Digital and Hashed Lick Their Wounds After UST and Luna Collapse
Delphi says Terra-affiliated tokens accounted for 13% of its assets under management at their peak, while Hashed appears to have lost over $3.5 billion.
- 2 hours ago 19 May 22, 10:28am -
- newBofA Says Crypto Winter, Contagion Risk Concerns Are Overdone
Concerns of a so-called crypto winter are unfounded, the second-largest U.S. bank said in a note.
- 2 hours ago 19 May 22, 10:08am -
- newFTX US Debuts Stock Trading in Push for Bigger Slice of US Retail Pie
Brokerage accounts can be funded with the stablecoin USDC, the exchange said.
- 2 hours ago 19 May 22, 10:02am -
- newHow Do You Tax an NFT?
Plans to share bitcoin data with foreign tax authorities may be hard to adapt to transparent, decentralized blockchains – but once in place, new rules are hard to shift.
- 2 hours ago 19 May 22, 9:51am -
- newNomura’s Digital Division to Focus on Cryptocurrencies First, DeFi Later
The Japanese bank is one of the first institutions to say it will go beyond trading and research to delve deeper into the crypto ecosystem.
- 3 hours ago 19 May 22, 9:08am -
- newInstitutional DeFi Enabler? Data Firm Kaiko Probes DEX Liquidity With New Product
The data feed unpacks what’s what in Uniswap, SushiSwap, Curve Finance and Balancer asset pools.
- 3 hours ago 19 May 22, 8:44am -
- newSolana, Cardano Tokens Slide Over 9% as Cryptos See Weakness Amid Poor US Consumer Data
Bitcoin lost support at $30,000 as Chinese technology stocks sold off on Thursday amid earnings worries a day after hawkish comments from the U.S. Federal Reserve.
- 4 hours ago 19 May 22, 7:47am -
- newFirst Mover Asia: Pine Wants to Test the Liquidity of the NFT Market; Cryptos Are Well-Red
The number of users on NFT markets is at its lowest point this year, but still higher than in 2021. The crypto lending platform sees an opportunity.
- 11 hours ago 19 May 22, 1:23am -
- newUS Appeals Court Orders SEC to Bring Enforcement Actions to Jury Trials
The 5th Circuit Court of Appeals in the U.S. found that the target of an SEC enforcement action's constitutional rights were violated by the use of an in-house SEC judge, rather than a jury trial.
- 11 hours ago 19 May 22, 12:43am -
- newCFTC Chair Indicates Agency Will Increase Crypto Enforcement: Report
Rostin Behnam said the agency was facing a rapidly increasing number of cases and would add resources to address crypto fraud.
- 13 hours ago 18 May 22, 11:35pm -
- newMarket Wrap: Bitcoin Dips, Stocks Plummet as Volatility Spikes
Bitcoin (BTC)dipped below $30K again as volatility ticked higher. Meanwhile, option traders continue to hedge against further price declines.
- 15 hours ago 18 May 22, 8:56pm -
- newBlock Sees Bitcoin Disrupting Payments Networks, Expects Self-Custody to Grow
Block executives spoke during the company’s annual investor day on Wednesday.
- 15 hours ago 18 May 22, 8:46pm -
- newAave’s Decentralized Social Media Platform Arrives on Polygon
The launch of Lens Protocol comes weeks after Aave founder Stani Kulechov was temporarily suspended from Twitter.
- 16 hours ago 18 May 22, 8:20pm -
- newRobinhood Plans ‘Web 3’ Crypto Wallet for DeFi Traders, NFT Buyers
Robinhood’s new custodial wallet will cater to “advanced” crypto users and live separately from the existing wallet, the firm’s Johann Kerbrat said.
- 16 hours ago 18 May 22, 8:15pm -
- newN3TWORK Studios Raises $46M in Funding Round Led by Griffin Gaming
The blockchain video game developer will release two crypto-native games, "Legendary: Heroes Unchained" and "Triumph."
- 16 hours ago 18 May 22, 8:14pm -
- newBitcoin lucha por mantener el soporte en $27K-$30K
BTC está en una zona de soporte positiva, aunque el impulso a largo plazo sigue siendo débil.
- 16 hours ago 18 May 22, 7:57pm -
- newDiana Sinclair: People Aren’t 'Ready to Hear' About Inequities in the Metaverse
Web 3 can open up opportunities for marginalized groups, but it's not a silver bullet, says one leading NFT artist.
- 16 hours ago 18 May 22, 7:47pm -
- newBiden Administration Wants Crypto Exchanges to Separate Customer and Corporate Funds
U.S. President Joe Biden’s administration will press Congress to demand cryptocurrency exchanges keep their customers’ money separate from their own corporate funds, according to a person familiar with the plan that could constrain the way the in…
- 17 hours ago 18 May 22, 7:25pm -
- newEl presidente de El Salvador promueve la adopción de bitcoin entre países emergentes
Nayib Bukele recibe a representantes financieros de 44 economías en desarrollo en la reunión anual de la Alianza para la Inclusión Financiera.
- 17 hours ago 18 May 22, 7:15pm -
- newCrypto Wallet BitKeep Raises $15M at $100M Valuation
Dragonfly Capital led the round, which will fund a cross-chain DAO for wallet users.
- 17 hours ago 18 May 22, 6:38pm -
- newSEC’s Gensler Uses Crypto Oversight Needs as Case for Higher Budget
Gary Gensler, the head of the Securities and Exchange Commission, made a pitch for a higher budget Wednesday, telling lawmakers in the U.S. House of Representatives that he wants to do more as a cop on the cryptocurrency beat. He cited the collapse o…
- 18 hours ago 18 May 22, 6:29pm -
- newMike Novogratz Ends Twitter Silence, Shares Take on UST/LUNA Crash
Returning to Twitter for the first time since the plunge in Terra and UST, the Galaxy Digital founder and CEO says it's time to talk about last week and
- 18 hours ago 18 May 22, 6:19pm -
- newCoinbase Forms Crypto Think Tank, Names Hermine Wong as Director
Coinbase Global (COIN) launched a a crypto-native think tank dubbed the Coinbase Institute to fuel ideas across the digital ecosystem on Wednesday.
- 18 hours ago 18 May 22, 6:16pm -
- newChainalysis Reveals ‘Storyline’ Product to Follow the Money in Crypto Crime
“You have an entire investigation that tells the entire story of what happened,” Chief Scientist Jacob Illum said.
- 18 hours ago 18 May 22, 6:16pm -
- newBitcoin Struggles to Hold Support at $27K-$30K
Bitcoin (BTC) is testing an important support zone, although upside appears limited, especially on long-term charts. Momentum continues to slow, which increases the risk of a breakdown.
- 18 hours ago 18 May 22, 6:00pm -
- newLet Terra Die
Do Kwon's proposal to fork the failed stablecoin network isn't what LUNA holders want, nor will it help them.
- 18 hours ago 18 May 22, 5:36pm -
- newWhat to Watch for in Tether's Upcoming Attestation Report
The leading stablecoin project still hasn’t published its March report attesting to its reserves. Following Terra, investors have a right to more timely information, says our columnist.
- 19 hours ago 18 May 22, 5:21pm -
- newBitcoin, Major Cryptos Slide as Markets Digest Hawkish Powell Remarks
A day after the U.S. Federal Reserve chair pledged to keep tightening monetary conditions until inflation comes down, analysts and traders from crypto to stocks and futures were assessing the economic impact, from higher mortgage rates to lower compa…
- 20 hours ago 18 May 22, 4:20pm -
- newBitcoin Miner Argo Blockchain Emerged Unscathed From Its UST Stake
The firm said it was able to sell its minimal UST stake for around 93 cents per token before the price completely collapsed.
- 20 hours ago 18 May 22, 4:04pm -
- newDo Kwon Pushes On-Chain Proposal Live Even as 92% Vote 'No' in Online Poll
A revival plan to put Terra back on track after last week’s implosion is not finding backers in the community.
- 20 hours ago 18 May 22, 3:57pm -
- newA16z Launches First Gaming Fund With $600M Commitment
The venture capital giant will invest in game studios, consumer apps and infrastructure.
- 20 hours ago 18 May 22, 3:53pm -
- newBinance Seeking ‘Ideal Point’ for India Launch
Hiring moves, active consultations and monitoring of the regulatory environment indicate an eminent launch of Binance in India.
- 21 hours ago 18 May 22, 3:26pm -
- newWill a Proof-of-Stake Ethereum Lead to More Centralization?
Lido’s staking protocol now holds 33% of all staked ether.
- 21 hours ago 18 May 22, 2:48pm -
- newArgo Blockchain Q1 Net Income Plunges 90% to $2.1M
Argo Blockchain (ARB) reported net income of £1.6 million ($2.1 million) in Q1, a drop of over 90% compared to the corresponding quarter a year earlier.
- 22 hours ago 18 May 22, 2:17pm -
- newNearly 5,505 ETH, or $10M of the $625M Ronin Exploit, Is on the Move
Funds connected to the Ronin exploiter address are making their way through Tornado Cash, blockchain data shows.
- 22 hours ago 18 May 22, 2:13pm -
- newFirst Mover Asia: USDC Hasn’t ‘Flippened’ USDT, but Trader Preferences Are Changing; Cryptos Rise Despite Bearishness
A Glassnode analyst suggests that the collapse of the UST token has triggered a change in investors' stablecoin preferences; cryptos tick higher in Tuesday trading.
- 22 hours ago 18 May 22, 2:10pm -
- newBinance in Talks for Regulatory Approval in Germany, CEO Says
Cryptocurrency exchange Binance is holding talks with regulators in Germany and hopes to be granted a a license, founder Changpeng "CZ" Zhao has said.
- 22 hours ago 18 May 22, 1:59pm -
- newFirst Mover Americas: Bitcoin Back Below $30K as Target's Earnings Miss Shows Effects of Inflation
The latest moves in crypto markets in context for May 17,2022.
- 22 hours ago 18 May 22, 1:53pm -
- newFTX, Liberty City Lead $20M Raise for Dev Platform DoraHacks
The hackathon startup will use the funds to launch an NFT-focused venture fund, among other things.
- 23 hours ago 18 May 22, 1:09pm -
- newINX Taps Galaxy Digital Alum as Chief Financial Officer
Renata Szkoda previously served as finance director at the crypto financial services firm.
- 23 hours ago 18 May 22, 1:00pm -
- Swiss ETP Issuer 21Shares Dives Into US Market With 2 Crypto Index Funds
The two crypto index funds will only be available to accredited investors.
- 1 day ago 18 May 22, 12:00pm -
- Terraform's Legal Team Quits Amid Terra Stablecoin Fallout
Marc Goldich, Lawrence Florio and Noah Axler left the Terra ecosystem backer in May according to their LinkedIns.
- 1 day ago 18 May 22, 12:39am -
- Market Wrap: Cryptos and Stocks Mixed Amid Bearish Sentiment
Bitcoin (BTC) is stabilizing around $30K while stock market volatility is fading. Altcoins were mixed, although recent underperformance could signal caution among some traders. Indicators show short-term BTC buying, albeit with limited upside.
- 2 days ago 17 May 22, 8:25pm -
- Bitcoin Rises to $30K; Resistance at $35K
Bitcoin (BTC) is stabilizing around the $30K price level. The cryptocurrency is on track to register a positive momentum signal on the daily chart, similar to what occurred in late-March. Still, nearby resistance could cap an upswing in price.
- 2 days ago 17 May 22, 8:09pm -
- Bitcoin sube a $30K, con una resistencia en $35K
BTC está en camino de registrar una señal de impulso positivo en el gráfico diario.
- 2 days ago 17 May 22, 7:55pm -
- Ledger Adding Browser Extension to Connect Hardware Wallets to Web 3 Apps
Ledger Connect is launching in beta and will initially be compatible with the Ledger Nano X and Mobile Safari.
- 2 days ago 17 May 22, 7:28pm -
- Elwood Technologies Touts Strong Focus on Crypto Derivatives
Now backed by tier-one banks Goldman, Barclays and Commerzbank, Elwood CEO James Stickland predicts “a huge amount of derivatives action.”
- 2 days ago 17 May 22, 7:15pm -
- Argentina presiona a mineros de criptomonedas en medio de una escasez energética
Algunas compañías registradas vieron un incremento del 400% en sus tarifas eléctricas en marzo, mientras que los mineros ilegales no planean dejar de utilizar la energía subsidiada de sus hogares para realizar la actividad.
- 2 days ago 17 May 22, 7:13pm -
- What Web 3 Means to Andreessen Horowitz
- 2 days ago 17 May 22, 6:42pm -
- Nansen Acquires DeFi Portfolio Tracker Ape Board for More Than $10M
On-chain data platform Nansen has acquired decentralized finance (DeFi) portfolio tracker Ape Board for an 'eight-figure' sum.
- 2 days ago 17 May 22, 6:00pm -