- newGrayscale Takes Over Key Role for Bitcoin Trust, Other Products From Genesis
Grayscale Securities, a new broker-deal division, will handle selling shares of the company’s crypto trust products, taking over a function previously provided by fellow Digital Currency Group subsidiary Genesis Global Trading.
- 3 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 5:15pm -
- newWhat Ripple's Latest Win Means for Its Ongoing Fight With the SEC
The crypto firm scored a procedural victory last week in part of its legal defense against the SEC. But it may not help its case.
- 3 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 5:09pm -
- newWhat Is EthereumMax? Inside the Crypto Kim Kardashian Lost $1.2M Promoting
EthereumMax and the EMAX token won investors over with big promises and flashy names. But has it delivered?
- 3 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 5:07pm -
- newCourt Rules CFTC Legally Served Ooki DAO Through Help Bot
The ruling came the same day a group of crypto lawyers and developers filed to join the CFTC's case against Ooki DAO.
- 3 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 5:04pm -
- newBitcoin Gains Momentum on Fed Pivot Narrative, but Some Banks Anticipate Dollar Rebound
Bitcoin rose above $20,000 soon before press time, extending Monday's "ISM-induced" gains as dollar continued to lose ground.
- 3 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 5:01pm -
- newNFT Firm Seeks US Election Commission’s OK to Market Campaign Souvenirs
In the grand political tradition of campaign buttons – think “All the Way with LBJ” or “I Like Ike” – the crypto world is trying its own version, with a non-fungible token (NFT) firm seeking approval from the U.S. Federal Election Commiss…
- 3 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 5:00pm -
- newKim Kardashian's EthereumMax Promotion Was a 'Gift' to the SEC
Lisa Bragança, former SEC enforcement branch chief, joined “First Mover,” to discuss the implications for celebrities after reality TV star Kim Kardashian was fined for upwards of $1 million by the SEC for promoting crypto tokens.
- 3 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 4:53pm -
- newAsset Management Giant Fidelity Adds to Crypto Offerings With Ethereum Index Fund
The fund has raised about $5 million since sales opened in late September
- 3 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 4:51pm -
- newBitcoin: Barclays es optimista y ve a la minera Core Scientific como la mejor apuesta de apalancamiento
Barclays inicia cobertura de la compañía minera de bitcoin con calificación de compra equivalente.
- 3 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 4:48pm -
- newKim Kardashian, EthereumMax and the SEC's Publicity Grab
- 3 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 4:39pm -
- newElon Musk Reportedly Proposes to Proceed With Twitter Acquisition
Alongside a spike in Twitter shares, Musk crypto favorite Dogecoin has moved higher.
- 4 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 4:31pm -
- newCan Starbucks Bring Web3 Into the Mainstream?
- 4 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 4:26pm -
- newUS Risk Watchdog Asks Congress to Name Crypto Spot Market Regulator
The top U.S. financial regulators are warning of dangerous holes in the oversight of crypto and are asking Congress for more powers, including settling which agency will oversee the bulk of trading in bitcoins and other non-security tokens.
- 4 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 4:18pm -
- newMastercard Looks to Make Buying Crypto Safer With Risk Assessment Tool
Mastercard is introducing a new service that will assess the risk profile of cryptocurrency exchanges with the aim of making crypto buying more secure.
- 4 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 4:13pm -
- newShares in Grayscale's Bitcoin Trust Trade at 36% Discount to Fund's NAV
The shares first slipped into discount in February 2021 primarily due to alternatives like ETFs becoming available in Canada and Europe.
- 4 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 3:41pm -
- newStablecoin Issuer Tether Increases US Treasury Portfolio, Cuts Commercial Paper Holdings to Below $50M
The firm had said it plans to bring its commercial paper holdings to zero by the end of the year.
- 5 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 3:30pm -
- newNFL Legend Steve Young's Firm Helps Take Metaverse-Related Company Movella Public
Movella, a motion capture technology company, will list on the Nasdaq after combining with SPAC Pathfinder Acquisition Corporation.
- 5 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 3:26pm -
- newBarclays Remains Positive on Bitcoin, Sees Miner Core Scientific as ‘Best-In-Class Leverage Play’
Barclays initiates coverage of the bitcoin miner with buy-equivalent rating.
- 5 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 3:15pm -
- newFirst Mover Americas: Bitcoin Busts Past $20K on Hopes of Fed Pivot
The latest price moves in bitcoin (BTC) and crypto markets in context for Oct. 4, 2022. First Mover is CoinDesk’s daily newsletter that contextualizes the latest actions in the crypto markets.
- 5 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 3:10pm -
- newValkyrie Funds to Offer Crypto SMAs, Challenging Ark and Franklin Templeton
The crypto-native investment manager will offer actively managed strategies that delve into bitcoin, ether and more.
- 5 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 2:58pm -
- newBlockchain Game Developer Horizon Raises $40M in Series A Funding Round
The round was led by Brevan Howard Digital and Morgan Creek Digital, it also involved contributions from traditional gaming companies Ubisoft and Take-Two Interactive.
- 5 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 2:49pm -
- newLos exchanges cripto descentralizados están ganando parte del mercado de sus pares centralizados, según Citi
Una mayor regulación cripto podría llevar a los usuarios a utilizar plataformas descentralizadas, dijo el banco.
- 5 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 2:45pm -
- newEU's ESMA Raises Alarm Bells Over Growing Crypto Use as It Prepares for New Powers
The European Securities and Markets Authority is worried about consumer rip-offs, as well as novel risks like hacks and consensus manipulation
- 5 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 2:44pm -
- newFirst Mover Asia: Bitcoin Climbs Back Past $19.5K Amid Fresh Hopes for a Fed Retreat; Binance's Failed Plan to Boost the Price of Luna Classic
The largest cryptocurrency by market capitalization and ether both spent much of Monday in the green.
- 5 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 2:37pm -
- newRare David Bowie NFT Collaboration With FEWOCiOUS Sells for $127,000
The high-value sale on OpenSea continues a trend of celebrity estates minting postmortem memorabilia on the blockchain.
- 6 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 2:31pm -
- new‘Prohibitive’ Global Crypto Capital Norms Could ‘Derail’ Market, TradFi Groups Say
Banks want to see caps on bitcoin holdings increased fivefold under planned global standards
- 6 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 2:19pm -
- newLuna Classic, Remnant of Terra Collapse, Drops After Underwhelming Binance Burn Mechanism Data
Binance’s scheme destroyed only 0.08% of the token’s bloated supply, too minuscule to have a lasting impact on the hyperinflated token.
- 6 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 2:13pm -
- newEmpresa estatal de energía en Argentina incursiona en minería cripto
YPF está suministrando energía para una operación de minería cripto de 1MW y planea lanzar un segundo proyecto ocho veces más grande antes de fin de año.
- 6 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 2:09pm -
- newKim Kardashian Settles SEC Probe for $1.26M for Hyping EthereumMax Without Disclosing Payment
Kardashian also agreed not to promote any cryptocurrencies for three years.
- 7 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 1:00pm -
- newCrypto Exchange Coinbase Fixes Technical Problem That Halted Payments and Withdrawals From US Bank Accounts
The exchange says the issue was identified and a solution implemented.
- 8 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 12:20pm -
- newBitcoin Investment Firm NYDIG Raised $720M for Digital Asset Fund, CEO Gutmann Departs
Bitcoin investment company NYDIG has promoted executives Tejas Shah and Nate Conrad to be its new CEO and president, respectively.
- 8 hours ago 4 Oct 22, 12:01pm -
- newArgentina's State-Owned Energy Company Moves Into Crypto Mining
YPF is currently supplying power for a 1 megawatt operation and plans to launch a second project eight times larger before the end of the year.
- 21 hours ago 3 Oct 22, 10:46pm -
- newAzurbala NFT Mint Postponed After Art Goes Viral for Wrong Reasons
“We failed at doing the very thing that we do best, which is to involve the community in the creative process,” says an Azurbala co-founder.
- 23 hours ago 3 Oct 22, 9:23pm -
- newMarket Wrap: Bitcoin and Ether Kick Off Week in Positive Territory
“Whale” investors moved a large volume of bitcoin off exchanges. The trend is often a bullish signal, suggesting investors are more interested in holding their bitcoin. Market Wrap is CoinDesk’s daily newsletter diving into what happened in tod…
- 23 hours ago 3 Oct 22, 9:17pm -
- newCiti Says Decentralized Crypto Exchanges Are Gaining Market Share From Centralized Peers
Increased crypto regulation could drive users to decentralized platforms, the bank said.
- 23 hours ago 3 Oct 22, 8:53pm -
- newA16z Leads $40M Funding for Web3 Data Protocol Golden
The protocol will use tokens to incentivize users to submit accurate information.
- 24 hours ago 3 Oct 22, 8:14pm -
- Bitcoin: estabilidad se asemeja a la calma de 2018 que terminó con una caída de 50%, según comunidad cripto de Twitter
A destacados analistas cripto les preocupa que la consolidación de precios de bitcoin indique que se avecina una caída más profunda, tal como sucedió hace cuatro años.
- 1 day ago 3 Oct 22, 7:54pm -
- Binance to Train Law Enforcement on How to Stop Crypto Crime
Matthew Price, head of intelligence and investigations of the Americas, joined CoinDesk TV’s “First Mover,” to discuss what role the largest cryptocurrency exchange is playing as it spearheads a global training program for law enforcement offic…
- 1 day ago 3 Oct 22, 6:19pm -
- Even 'Safe' Stablecoins Might Pose Financial Stability Risk, New York Fed Says
The rise of Circle’s USDC stablecoin – as opposed to the controversial Tether (USDT) – is a threat to the broader financial system, as it could increase the chance of run risks from smaller issuers, researchers at the Federal Reserve Bank of Ne…
- 1 day ago 3 Oct 22, 6:16pm -
- Sushi Community Votes in 'Head Chef' to Oversee Decentralized Crypto Exchange
New CEO Jared Grey said he plans to work out the kinks associated with Sushiswap’s internal structure that may have prompted departures in the past.
- 1 day ago 3 Oct 22, 5:37pm -
- Ex-CEO of Bankrupt Crypto Lender Celsius Withdrew $10M Weeks Before Company Froze Customer Accounts: Report
Mashinsky resigned as CEO last Tuesday; the company filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in mid July.
- 1 day ago 3 Oct 22, 5:35pm -
- UK Shuts Down Temporary Crypto Company Licensing Program
The time it takes to register a firm depends on the quality of the information provided to the Financial Conduct Authority, the regulator told CoinDesk.
- 1 day ago 3 Oct 22, 4:48pm -
- Bitcoin Miner Merkle Increases Hashrate by 900% in 8 Months
The miner currently has 140 megawatts of total computing power in its two facilities.
- 1 day ago 3 Oct 22, 4:45pm -
- First Mover Asia: Bitcoin Sees No October Rise Yet; the Dollar as the Protocol in the Future of Money?
The largest crypto by market capitalization was down slightly in the opening days of the historically strong month for its price.
- 1 day ago 3 Oct 22, 4:31pm -
- First Mover Americas: Bitcoin Remains Above $19K as Long-Term Holders Stay the Course
The latest price moves in bitcoin (BTC) and crypto markets in context for Oct. 3, 2022. First Mover is CoinDesk’s daily newsletter that contextualizes the latest actions in the crypto markets.
- 1 day ago 3 Oct 22, 4:19pm -
- Range-Bound Bitcoin Reminds Crypto Twitter of 2018 Lull That Ended With 50% Crash
Prominent crypto commentators say they're worried bitcoin's price consolidation indicates a deeper slide is coming, just as it did four years ago.
- 1 day ago 3 Oct 22, 3:37pm -
- Transit Swap Exploiter Returns Large Chunk of $28.9M Hack
Transit Swap, a cross-chain decentralized finance (DeFi) protocol, has received 70% of stolen funds back from a hacker that exploited a smart contract vulnerability.
- 1 day ago 3 Oct 22, 3:21pm -
- Crypto Venture-Capital Firm Paradigm Leads $14M Funding Round for DeFi Platform Exponential
The investment discovery platform includes a risk assessment feature to help combat a growing wave of DeFi exploits
- 1 day ago 3 Oct 22, 2:52pm -
- Crypto Futures Exchange BitMEX CEO: Expect an Exchange Token ‘This Year’
The launch of BMEX was delayed earlier this year because of market conditions, but the exchange’s CEO wants to get it launched before the end of 2022.
- 1 day ago 3 Oct 22, 2:45pm -
- Sorry, Ether: Sound Money Doesn’t Exist and Neither Does 'Ultra' Sound Money
Sound money should reliably store value over time. No currency – not bitcoin, not ether, not the U.S. dollar – seems to be doing that these days. Crypto Long & Short is our weekly newsletter featuring insights, news and analysis for the professio…
- 2 days ago 2 Oct 22, 2:50pm -